Pacific Mayor Cy Sun is destroying the city we love. He may be sincere, but his actions after one short year in office have caused almost irreparable harm.
We must act
NOW if there is any hope to save Pacific. This page details why the recall is necessary, urgent and our only hope to restore sanity to our city.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Amended info about how we got our court date

(It seems that our earlier post regarding the court date could have been more clear with regard to some of the facts. So let's try again.)

Here's the story. Washington State Law requires that the recall committee's grievance be heard by a court within 15 days of filing. Our action was filed with the court on September 6th. That means by law, the court should have heard our case no later than September 21st. When we attempted to schedule the date with Mayor Sun, he sent an email stating that he would be in Kansas City from September 10th through September 20th. He asked for a date within 10 days of his return and promised he would be in touch upon his return. We then acquiesed to the Mayor's scheduling request and sought a date on the 26th.

But, we started hearing from multiple people that the Mayor was wandering around the Puyallup Fair on Monday morning, the 17th.

Mrs. Sun responded to our earlier blog entry by writing on his blog:
"Cy was scheduled to depart from Kansas City (MCI) on Monday, September 17, 2012 on Alaska Airlines at 5:05pm on a Boeing 737-900 and arrive in Seattle (SEA) on Monday, September 17, 2012 at 7:05pm.

I changed Cy's reservations to come home a day early to see my family that he hasn't seen for over 30 years.  My sister, brother-in-law and niece were here from UTAH.  They arrived Friday, September 14, 2012 and left Monday, September 17, 2012 at 2:30pm.  I took them to the Seattle Center, the Monorail, and the Seattle Waterfront on Saturday, September 15, 2012.  I took them to the Puyallup Fair on Sunday, September 16, 2012.  I took them to the Puyallup Fair on Monday, September 17, 2012 from 10am to 12:30pm.  They were back in Pacific by 1:00pm.  My family left for Utah at 2:30pm on Monday, September 17, 2012.

I changed Cy's flight from September 17, 2012 to September 16, 2012."

Now this is a very interesting admission by Mrs. Sun. The mayor told us via email that he wouldn't be back until the 20th. Mrs. Sun states he was originally due back on the 17th. The difference amounts to shuck and jive ... enough time to delay the proceeding a week.

In addition, he didn't make any contact upon his actual return on the 16th, but instead waited until the 18th to send an email. The prosecutor's office asked him to respond later that day to confirm the proposed court date. He promised to respond the following morning, but didn't. The court date has not been set without Mayor Sun's cooperation.

Those are the facts. We'll back them up with copies of the emails as soon as possible.

I apologize for the lack of clairty with regard to the earlier post. That post and this one are done by a substitute blogger.

We'd like to thank Mrs. Sun for reading our blog and quoting it on hers. We thank her for helping us keep the record straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.