Highlights from the meeting tonight: KING 5 and KOMO were in attendance, so check their web sites for stories.
- Three vacant city positions were filled tonight; Patty Kirkpatrick as city clerk, Betty Garrison as finance director and Sheryl Finwall as community services director. The council voted unanimously to confirm each with the exception of one no vote on Finwall from Councilman Jones.
- Ken Barnett was not able to attend the meeting to be confirmed as public works director. That discussion was delayed until the next meeting.
- Another special meeting has been scheduled for this Thursday night at 6:30pm to discuss the resolution below asking any and all to help fund insurance for the city.
- The meeting last week with the current insurance company and town officials confirmed that they want to see the administrative positions filled and to see the council and mayor get along. Mediation services have been agreed to by both the mayor and council.
- Dis-incorporation needs to be put in place just in case the insurance issue cannot be resolved. The resolution must be approved 90 days before an election to get it on the ballot for a special election. The council is aiming for the February 12, 2013 election. They can cancel the special election anytime before December 28th. They hope the situation will be clear by then and they can decide to pull back or proceed with dis-incorporation.